Friday, December 5, 2008

8 Months Old



Its so hard to believe that last week Libby was 8 months old!  By Christmas she'll have been here 3/4 of a year!  

We had a nice trip up to Long Island for Thanksgiving.  I think for the first time ever we didn't get significantly delayed or stranded flying home!  Since we got home, Libby has been very busy acquiring some new skills.  While she is still not completely crawling, she can go from her belly to sitting to belly and so on.  This in combination with rolling and army-crawling allows her to get around pretty efficiently.  It seems as though she is on the verge of crawling, but then again I thought that a month ago!

Libby has also learned the "M" sound finally!  Yeah!  I finally get to hear "Mama" after months of hearing "Dada."  She also uses B's, Y's, and N's and has started combining consonants in the same word, for example "Daba."  So exciting!  

I must admit that shopping, wrapping, and decorating for the holidays is very difficult with an active 8-month old.  Things that used to be fun (like decorating our tree) seem like a chore.  I do find myself wondering what I can skip this year!

However, we do get our first overnight trip away from Libby on Saturday night.  My mom is coming to watch her while Eric and I attend his work holiday party all the way in Arlington. Haha!  Its not as though we have to stay the night, but we got a good deal on a nice hotel and thought it would be a great experience for us and for Libby and my mom.  

November pictures will be posted as soon as I find the time!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Whoa, I'm glad to hear I'm not alone on the Christmas decorations! This year I was like "GO, GO, GO," once we got the tree home. Matt was watching the Redskins game and I was decorating while Meridian napped. Not quite as fun as in years past, with leisurely apple cider and Christmas tunes. Ahhh, life. :-)