Monday, July 14, 2008

The Gift of Friends


The hospital where I delivered hosts a new mom's support group every Wednesday morning, and I've met the most amazing group of women (and babies) there!  I look forward to it every week and have gained so much knowledge and encouragement from the people I've met there. Basically all of the moms I know in the area, I met through this group and I'm really not sure how I'd be doing right now without them!  I don't know why more hospitals don't do this! Outside of "group" as we call it, we meet up for all kinds of other fun activities like picnics, playgroups, exercise classes, etc.    

Saturday was one such activity - Elizabeth and I attended a playgroup at my friend Kate's house. All in all there were 18 moms and 18 babies there!  Some thoughtful moms brought cameras.  I of course forget mine, but thankfully others were willing to share.   


(not that you can really see, but Elizabeth is about 9 o'clock,
 in a green outfit & pink bib)


3 comments:

UNC Net Impact said...

What a precious photo of you and Libby! I love the closeups of the baby and the parent barely in the frame. So cute!

Anonymous said...

UNC Net Impact is Courtney. Signed in with the wrong account. :)

Segev said...

It looks like you're at some sort of baby market. "What a wonderful selection of babies. I'll take the one with the attractive intelligent parents that doesn't smell like pooh."